Wednesday, December 1, 2010

50 Disney Movies


With the release of "Tangled" (which I highly recommend), Disney has reached their 50th full-length animated feature released in theaters. Wow! I went through the list of all 50 and found that I have only missed 6 of those. Disappointed? A tad. Dorky? A bit. Determined to own & watch them all? Yes!

(FYI: The 6 that I have not seen are: Fantasia, Saludos Amigos, The Black Cauldron, The Great Mouse Detective, Fantasia 2000, and Home on the Range...although my dad swears I saw Home on the Range with them in 2004. I promise I did not. Although, I will fix this problem soon. I promise that too.)

I found a slideshow of all 50 and I watched Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs tonight to remind me of where it all started.

Here is a video counting them all up. I was able to recognize my "generation" of movies when The Little Mermaid arrived.


As I watched this, I got chills as my childhood memories filled my mind. And that is just it, the memories...the feel-good satisfaction...the wholesomeness...the imagination...that is what I am excited about.

A goal for 2011: To watch (not necessarily own yet) all of the movies. If I could own them all by next year, great! If not, no big. Wouldn't that be cool to own them all and watch one every week in a year?? Awesome.

I'm going to say it now: Someday, I will...someday, I will...

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you haven't seen Fantasia or Fantasia 2000! They're awesome. We have Fantasia 2000, if you want to borrow it. It's VHS and getting old, but you can make out the picture... For the most part. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you only have 6 you've missed. I'll have to look at 'em and see which ones I need to see still!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen about 4-5 of them either! The Three Caballeros (sp?) and Saludos Amigos are among them. I have Black Cauldron, The Great Mouse Detective, and both Fantasias if you ever wanna borrow them from me ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I counted 44 as well. Crazy I didn't realize I'd seen so many. There are a few I didn't recognize...

    ReplyDelete