Sunday, November 28, 2010

Be Happy

Today, in church, there was a comment made by a woman who I have come to admire so much. She said something like this: "Want what you have...be happy with what you've got."

It got me thinking...the Lord is in control. I may not be married or have a family. I may not have a Mater's degree or travel the world. I may not be the most popular or have the finest things. But, I know what I do have. And for those things, I am grateful. If I am not happy or grateful for what I have now, why should I think (or deserve) to be blessed with what the Lord has in store for me?

Today, I pose a new challenge to me (and few readers :) to always be happy with what we have. I am going to make the most of the situations I find myself in and be grateful for all things, large and small, that make life enjoyable. And by doing so, I know I'll find that the Lord has not forgotten me but has blessed me more than I can comprehend.

2 comments:

  1. Something I am happy about is that we hung out the other night and saw an AWESOME movie! Also, we are hanging out again in a few days! You are awesome Jonna. Thanks for being a great example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic challenge. This will definitely help in difficult or trying circumstances, and I think the more grateful and optimistic we are, the easier it is to find Christ in our lives...

    ReplyDelete