One day, I will master the art of sugar cookie making! Although I must say, these turned out much better than I anticipated.
My dough wasn't quite as cookie-cutter friendly as I'd hoped.
This required more flour (which added a teeny floury taste to the over all cookie).
Finally, I was able to make it roll-able. I was so excited to use my Frankenstein & pumpkin cookie cutters!
Do you see the perfect shapes?? Well, compared to past sugar cookie attempts...almost perfect :)
I frosted them and sprinkled them! And, with the few baking decorations we had, I attempted faces. Didn't work out as great. So, I stuck with plain for the rest of them.
Carla was my helper. As a reward, she got to decorate her own cookies. I think hers were more creative than mine. Notice my other Frankenstein face attempts.

I love to live vicariously through your blog! I WISH I could make sugar cookies! Way too time-consuming for me though :( I think they look delicious!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a pro sugar-cookie maker, but Steve DID just figure out a really clever idea for sugar cookie decorations--it's a spiderweb on a plain white round cookie. You just do three circles with a dot in the middle (think of a bullseye), then drag a toothpick from the middle out. Super easy, and they looked great! Again, Steve made these, not me--but I enjoyed eating them! :)
ReplyDeleteYours looked delightful--I wish I could be there to help taste-test!