Friday, October 29, 2010

Eye Can See You!

Have you ever seen Pirates of the Caribbean? Remember the pirate who always gets his eye knocked out? This is in honor of him. Oh, and Halloween :)


This is what I was going for:
Edible Eyeballs
Here is the official recipe.


I have made Oreo Truffles many a time. So, I applied that recipe to this one. It is almost identical. (With the exception of the eyeball part.)


After the Oreos and cream cheese were mixed together...


Oh, I am still mixing....


I molded them into little cookie dough-like balls.
(photo taken by Jeri)




Then, while they chilled for a little while, I made the iris'. Some are sour and some are plain.
Carla called the sour ones "infected." Not only is it creepy that we are eating eyeballs, but infected ones?? That is just gross...but, hey, anything in the name of Halloween, right?


Here is 2/3 of the project.


Here is the last 1/3. Melted white chocolate. (Regular milk chocolate is used for regular Oreo Truffles. In this case, who wants a black, infected eye? Too much for me to handle this time)



And then...(drumroll) The final product!
I finally came up with a semi-easy way to coat them in chocolate. Usually, it is a challenging task. But, I figured it out! Toothpicks, a large fork, hour of chill time, and a spoon as backup. I promise, it works. That is, unless you drop it. Like I did. Don't do that.





Of course, I had to take a picture like the Disney people did. But, I am no Jeri.

2 comments:

  1. Those look SOOOO cool!!! I'm jealous of your creative skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY!! Those have GOT to be the best tasting eyeballs ever....

    ReplyDelete