Friday, July 9, 2010

A Clean Car

I said I would blog about the goals for July. Today, I took advantage of the slight cloud cover this morning and cleaned my car. Yay! I threw on my swimsuit and shorts, turned on the radio, and went to work.

I cleaned out the garbage, all 11 water bottles, and various odds & ends including a spoon, a hula hoop, towel, and my dad's briefcase (why? don't ask me). Then I started to vacuum every nook & cranny! It takes a while with a handheld vacuum and a small hose. I was sweatin' up a storm I tell you. I topped it off with my last Vanillaroma air freshener. Ahh...

By now, its about 10:30am and I recruited Carla to help wash the outside. It took some backbone to scrub those squished bugs off the front, but they eventually washed away. I celebrated by taking a dip in the pool and a shower for myself. Wonderful.

I later got to drive in this now luxurious car. I took a deep breath as I sat inside and almost wiped away a tear as I parked and walked away from it. It was just so beautiful.

I know you were waiting for me to blog about washing my car. So there you have it. Satisfied? And no, I didn't really cry over a clean car, but you get the picture, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment