Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What I Learned At EFY

Well, it has been just over a month since I've blogged. I have been back from EFY for over a week now. It is about time I blog about it! I spent 2 weeks in Flagstaff and 1 week in Thatcher. If time permitted, I would be continuing in other places. Sadly, I do not have that time.

I made some incredible friends. I feel like I learned more than I taught. I was tired all...the...time, but somehow, I was able to get through. I'd like to share what I learned during this process, but I will not elaborate. Some things are not to be shared on this blog, but in my own journal. If you must know go to EFY yourself :)

I learned:
1. What love really means
2. How to rely on the Lord for everything (physical, spiritual, etc)
3. A deeper appreciation for the 13th Article of Faith
4. What unity really means
5. The importance of consistent scripture study
6. To appreciate and invite the Spirit more
7. How to put others first-being selfless
8. Patience with others and myself
9. How to use my time wisely
10. That I can do hard things


Here are some photos of my experience:


My Flagstaff 1 girls!

Future Missionaries!

Our Session Directors

I was known as "Jo-Mama" during Flag 2

Company of Holy Hands

My Flagstaff 2 girls!

FHE Games-Human Knot

My Thatcher girls!


Company of "Smite the Earth"

A visit to Gila Valley Temple on the way home

Basically, it was the hardest, but most rewarding thing I've ever done! I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jonna! I just found your blog through Ciaras, and oh my gosh!! I am soooo jealous!! I wanted to be an EFY councilor sooooo bad. I even applied the summer before Logan and I were married but they said I was too young. booo. i could have even been a health councilor because i had my CNA but they said I was to young for that too. i was soo sad. and then i got married so its ok now, but still something I would have loved to do. Maybe I can convince Logan to be a session director someday. ;)

    I'm glad you had a good time!!
    lcbaxterfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jonna,

    That's awesome! I went to EFY in Rexburg, and it was an amazing experience.

    I remember trying to impress the girls in our group with our biceps. Yeah, we were pretty young then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Clarissa & Aq, Thanks! I had a lot of fun! Could I get an invite to your blogs?? :)

    ReplyDelete