Monday, November 22, 2010

Ms. Jonna's Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes

I'd like to thank my mom for finding the recipe. I'd also like to thank my family for not eating them before the contest.

Today was our YSA ward's annual Thanksgiving Dinner! Yay! You know, it is the simple things in life that make YSA life not that bad :)

I entered the 54th Ward Bake-Off. For three weeks I had no clue of what to make, but yesterday...it came to me!

My entry: Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes
My place: Third!
My Prize: A Butter Spreader



I am all about simple and this was simpler than I thought it'd be. Here is the recipe except I didn't add walnuts and I added mini chocolate chips on top.

My mom said I look "pretty dang proud" in this photo.

And how could I not be? I (surprisingly) won one of the highest honors a young single adult could win at a Thanksgiving Bake-Off! Well, I guess the first place won measuring cups...but still...it made my night!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! They look delicious, and I think I'm going to try your recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try it too! Yum. And your mom was right, but 3rd place IS something to be proud about! Good job!

    ReplyDelete