I am grateful for people. Aren't you? People who care. People who follow the little inklings to say something nice. Something that was just what you needed to hear. Maybe it was something that distracted you from heartache. Or relieved the stress even for a moment. Perhaps a phone call to say hi, a text message, or a conversation about nothing. Even conversations that allow one person to unload while the other just listens-are blessings. People who are in tune to the Spirit enough to follow the prompting to give a hug, make a joke, or post a little hello on Facebook are blessings to me. I am grateful for the ways the Lord puts easy moments in the midst of difficult trials. It reminds me of this...
God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs.
Pres. Spencer W. Kimball
I fully believe this. It is hard to recognize it sometimes, but I try to remember it. I need to be better at that. I know the Lord blesses those who bless His children. I've been blessed by them and I know that they are blessed in return. I only wish that I could be more like them.
Jonna, I hope you know how amazing you are!! You don't see too many college seniors with this much insight and wisdom. I wish I was more like you!
ReplyDelete