Sunday, August 1, 2010

July is officially over

It is August 1st! I cannot believe it! Actually, yes I can...

As some may know, I didn't work this summer. As kindergarten took a summer break, so did I. Except my break was from kindergarten, not college. I had bright hopes for the summer. Time to get things done. (Isn't it funny that we all make summer goals knowing full-well that we have a slim chance of accomplishing them all, and yet we pursue them anyway...then, by the end of the summer we are amazed at how fast the time went by and how our list of goals are not nearly as accomplished as we'd hope them to be? I'm not saying that we shouldn't make goals, I'm just finding the irony of the whole situation. I'm also finding this a yearly trend for me and others...)

Anyway, I fell into the same pattern this year and made some goals. Of course, in June, I accomplished both of my goals: take summer school and pass summer school. Check, check.

Then came July, no work. No school. What's a girl to do? Well, I was anticipating a surplus of boredom. (I soon found that this was not the case since I left for Vegas and Girl's Camp) But, I still made a list of goals for July. Just to refresh you memory, here is my list (with a little bit of commentary):
  1. Work on Girl's Camp duties CHECK-camp came and went just as fast as last year
  2. Finish sewing my apron and possibly make another CHECK-I will soon blog about this...stay tuned!
  3. Go to the cannery NO CHECK-I wanted to go with a friend, Kathy, but we never found time :(
  4. Clean out & wash my car (outside in the heat sweaty like a pig in my swimsuit then take a nice shower and feel clean after!) CHECK-I love doing this. Feels so good even though I got a small sunburn...
  5. File kindergarten worksheet masters NO CHECK-might have to save this one for next year...again
  6. Visit Kylie & Layla a lot HALF CHECK- I did visit them, but not as often as I wanted. But, it was fun cutting thread with Kylie and running errands with them
  7. Finish reading Sense & Sensibility NO CHECK- I did read a little more of it, but I have not finished
  8. Watch a few of my DVDs that have collected dust CHECK-As I prepared for Girl's Camp, I would stay up late and watch movies. Here's the list of what I've watched: Ocean's 11 & 13, The Holiday, Ever After, The Majestic, & Hope Floats.
  9. Learn to play guitar NO CHECK- Sadly, the guitar has collected about 8 months worth of dust.
  10. Blog about it all! CHECK-Don't you see I'm doing it right now?
So thats...5 1/2 checks? Over 50%? I guess I did accomplish things this summer. And the good news is...I still have 10 days left of Kindergarten summer vacation and 18 days of college summer vacation. Maybe I can squeeze some guitar, reading, or filing in there somewhere. Or, maybe I should just shelve those for next summer.

1 comment:

  1. I also set too many goals. I have just been looking forward to the warm weather for so long that I want to do too many things!

    ReplyDelete