Thursday, July 29, 2010

Girl's Camp 2010

Well, I'm back from Girl's Camp! We left on Friday morning and I got back on Tuesday morning. The theme was Superheroes: Forever Strong. I loved it. Camp is always great. This was my 11th year of Girl's Camp since my first year in 2000. I can name them all. Ready? Here we go:

1st Year: BYU: Better Your Understanding
2nd year: BOOT camp: Better our own Testimony
3rd year: ER: Eternal Righteousness
4th year: Survivor
5th year (YCL1): Heartland Ranch
6th year (YCL2): Happy Days
7th year (Jr. Staff): Dare to be Different
8th year (Sr. Staff): S.O.S. Stay on the Ship
9th year (Stake Staff): Imagine
10th year (Stake Staff): Sparkle-Glitter-Shine
11th year (Stake Staff): Superheroes: Forever Strong

Whew! What can I say? I love camp. It is a wonderful place to associate with women and girls of the church. To strengthen and to be strengthened. Yes, sometimes there may be drama, but overall it is good. It is inspired. I admire and appreciate so much the women who are responsible for pulling it off every year. I am grateful to those who have allowed me to continue to come. I am so glad to have my Heavenly Father who has blessed me with inspiration while up there. In recent years, I've had important decisions or difficult trials occur around the timing of Girl's Camp. Everytime, I have had my mind enlightened and comforted. It never fails. I can always count on Girl's Camp to provide me a place to get away and have fun, but more importantly, to feel the Spirit. I don't know how many years of camp I've got left. This might have been my last. Being single, my life is unpredictable. I don't know where I'll be in a year. I could be off to school or on a mission or anything. I'd love it if my summer next year included camp, but I'm already grateful for the opportunities I've had to enjoy it. Girl's Camp always makes my summer great.


54th Ward

Stake Staff

Monica & I during rotations on Friday

We made Friendship bracelets for each other for service.

Monica, Desbah, & I

I would give Deep Thoughts during our firesides. Notice the eyes...no, my real eyes don't tilt like that.

54th Ward lip sync to "Superhero"

54th Ward still dancing to "Superhero"

Stake Staff lip sync to "I Need A Hero"

Still Stake Staff

And one more. It was so fun!

Melanie & I during the Compass Course rotation. Which way?

Colleen, Stacy, Deby, & I

Me, my mom & sisters

Getting a SWEET massage from Kim

My dad had to come up for Bishop's night. All the Bishops had to dress up like a hero. My dad was "The Incredible Sulk."

1 comment: