Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summertime Blues

Isn't summer fantastic? It is a time to chill near the water, spend time on a hobby or goal, go on vacations, and do pretty much anything relaxing or fun. Right? Well then why am I sitting at the table for hours on end (or rather days on end) doing homework? Oh yes, it is because I am grown up now. I've been up at 6:30am everyday. By 9:30am I've been to school and am already working on homework. I don't finish that homework until late afternoon. If I wasn't doing this then I'd probably be working and spending my time behind a cash register or babysitting.

Oh children of the world! Do you realize how chill your life is?? Or as The Office would say, "a cushy-nerf life." I miss the summers of swimming lessons, sprinklers, and sleeping in. Will it ever come back? I dare to dream.

Thank goodness we have blogs and Facebook that can distract from homework when you need a break. I'm going to need to find something else to distract me soon. I can only stare at a screen for so long. Otherwise, I'd watch TV. At least I'm learning something this summer right? Yes, I guess that is a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Funny you say that because I look at YOUR life and think, "Ahhhh, so easy. You don't even know!" Enjoy this time. Marriage, kids, etc. it's hard.

    ReplyDelete