Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I love technology!

Today, I had to go to class instead of watching the USA vs Algeria game. Last week, my professor had the game on the screen of a little bit and we kept getting updates periodically through class. Isn't that cool??

But, today that didn't happen. I did see a few laptops with the game going and I squinted ever so hard to see the score, but I couldn't see it.

Then, just before class was ending, I hear: "Yeah-!" Then it muffled very quickly. The guy behind me had his laptop going and was also watching the game. USA scored! So he cheered as our professor was lecturing about the Gulf oil spill.

Was I the only one who noticed? Seemed like it. We had a quick conversation about it and then I returned my attention to the oil spill for the remaining 5 minutes of class.

Had it not been for technology, this guy wouldn't have been able to watch the game and then he wouldn't have cheered, and then I wouldn't have turned around to ask why, and then I wouldn't have known the score of the game. Whew...

Isn't technology great?? Next time, I'm bringing my own laptop on game day. Then I can skip the middle man. Too bad the next oil spill lecture will just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment