Saturday, October 1, 2011

First Fall Treat a Fail?

If I showed you this picture, what would you think these are? (No cheating! Don't scroll down yet!) Besides sugar cookies, what would you think I was going for? Hint: They are not pumpkins, raccoons, poisoned raccoons, or the Phantom of the Opera with a green mask. Please comment and let me know what you though these were at first glance. 
I won't be offended...that part has past :)


Give up?

This is my attempt at Poison Apples. Remember in Snow White when the skull image appears on the poisoned apple? Well, that's sorta what this is going for. 
Obviously, my frosting skills need some work :)



I began with the basics: a sugar cookie recipe, cream cheese frosting, and my friend Kylie.

I dyed the cookie dough red.

Kylie had a great idea of rolling the dough between two pieces of wax paper (with a bit of flour in between). It sure saved us a huge flour mess! It was SO easy. 



 And this...is where the fail began. What was I thinking?? 
Two sheets together in one...sheesh...


 This is what you get...burnt cookies. :(


 Tried it again and with success, I frosted and added dried blueberries (instead of raisins.)

So, there you have it. My somewhat of a failed attempt at a Disney recipe. My eyeball truffles were much more successful. I think I'll be making those again!

5 comments:

  1. I thought it was a ghost on an apple, so I think you did good! All you gotta do is string the frosting down at the bottom. Maybe with a toothpick??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY guessed Snow White's poisoned apple!! So they really aren't that bad! PLUS, it's all about the taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! They turned out so cute! I'm ready for our next project....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First fall treat a fail, you ask? I would vote a definite NO! And I have tasted the product as proof. Delicious. Thanks,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete