I know, I know. You might think I'm crazy. Earlier this morning, I went to see a movie. On the way there we traveled in a van with a broken window. It was great because we got to feel the cool A/C mixed with the warmth from outside. During the movie, the car was able to soak up a lot of sun for two hours. I am sure everyone can relate to the feeling of getting into a blazing hot car in the middle of a summer day in July followed by a few moments (or minutes) for the A/C to finally kick in.
To most, this is a major drawback to living in Arizona. To me, this is comfort. This is home. Now, just to clarify, I don't find pleasure in standing outside in the sun all day or sitting in steamy hot vehicles. Like everyone else, I also need my A/C, but not as often and not as intensely. I find total joy in warmth. I will never want to live in a place that snows or is cooler than an AZ winter. Perhaps I am ignorant to the joys of colder temperatures, but that is fine with me. I've always said that if I had a choice, I'd choose hot over cold. (Which could be a reason why I think Bella is so stupid for choosing Edward over Jacob. The temperature alone would determine that for me. But that is another story...)
I used to think the desert was ugly and I'd wonder why anyone would choose to live here in the first place. Although I've never seen "true green" like in the East, I now feel like the desert has its own beauty. The sunsets alone are breathtaking. I know the heat is frustrating for many to deal with, but I like it.
Aren't you grateful for the heat when you have been sitting in a freezing cold building for too long and you take a step outside? Don't you love being able to dry off fast when someone splashes you at the pool when you didn't want to get wet? Well I do. Again, don't mistake me for the crazy who is sweaty all the time because she keeps the doors open and A/C off in the middle of the day. I like to be comfortable too. I just really appreciate the heat. It makes living here great.

I definitely appreciate our weather more since going to Utah in April. What I love is that our weather is totally predictable! You KNOW it's going to be hot and you can plan on it. Up there, it's hot one day, snowing the next, windy the next. SO unreliable. You can't plan for anything! My OCD tendencies love the predictability of AZ weather! :)
ReplyDelete