I also thought about why I needed a blog. The answer came from Facebook. Although I'd like to say that the many urgings of friends convinced me to have a blog, it wouldn't be true. Indeed, as I scrolled up and down my profile and homepage today I felt a need for a larger space for my thoughts than the status line allows. I do have a few notes, but other than that I want to say more! I don't have anything profound or earth-shattering to say, but as long as there is a space for it then why not use it? Someone is bound to read it right? Even if it is just me or someone who is bored at work and blog surfs. Maybe they'll find mine and decide to read it. You don't have to be faithful. I don't expect a following or a loyal audience. Its just my space. Not MySpace, but MY space. You can read it and enjoy it. You can read it and not enjoy it. Or you don't have to read it at all. No worries. I won't find out, and I wouldn't be offended anyway.
All in all, I now have a space for whatever words come from my mouth. Or rather from my fingers as they are the true heroes. Without them, this blog would still be an idea or wishful thinking. Thanks fingers. Thanks for getting me here.
Anyway, I don't know what to fill this space up with. Maybe opinions, maybe feelings, maybe events, maybe not much at all. BUT, it will be filled with something. I may not post everyday or every week, but I will find something to say and I will say it. Oh the possibilities!! I cannot wait for them to unravel!
I do add a disclaimer though. My blog is called "Finding Joy In My Journey." It is so named for my determination to find little joys in my bumpy journey. I discovered this wonderful way of life when our beloved prophet, Pres. Thomas S. Monson, spoke about change in Conference a few years ago. It came at a time when I couldn't see the good. But now my eyes have been opened as I embraced the new concept. It has changed my life. Literally. I hope to stay true to that as I begin this blog. I do not make any promises though. I make mistakes (all the time!!) and I may have a post or two that may not be so joyous to some. However, I will attempt to discover joys in the journey. As I try to do everyday. I hope that you find the joys a bit joyful for you too!
I am now coming to the end of my little blog introduction. Not that there is much to introduce (I mean, I haven't even thought them up yet.) and yet I am still writing! Sometimes I get impatient with long posts. Now I've fallen into the same trap. Boy, isn't it easy to keep writing about yourself? I applaud you for making it this far. But back on track, I hope you enjoy. Whoever you are that is reading. Perhaps a friend, family member, or someone looking for something to do besides Facebook & homework. I know that I will enjoy it. A new joy in my journey? My new blog! Yay!

Welcome to blogging! I am so happy you are here. It is a wonderful and magical world. On the sidebar of my blog, I have a section for people I know from Arizona. You may find some you know as well! I am excited to read more from you!
ReplyDelete-Emily
samilyfamily.blogspot.com
YAY!! I will enjoy reading what you have to say.. I always love listening to you. :) My Blog is http://www.sistahsunshine.blogspot.com however, it's been inactive for a while and I'm JUST trying to get it started back up now. :) It's a place where I write all my funny embarrassing moments. :) Just silly really.
ReplyDeleteLove you girl, glad you joined the blogging world!
Yes, you will absolutely love having a blog. Welcome to the club.
ReplyDelete