Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Six months and counting...

In a few days, June 11, it will be one year since Ciara has left on her mission. She is currently serving in the England Leeds Mission and doing a FABULOUS job. I cannot believe that she's been gone that long. A little history of Ciara & I, we met when we were very young. I moved down the street from her. Our birthdays are a day a part (I'm one day older and always so proud of it!), and although we went to different schools growing up, we still were best friends. So, we're going on...hold on, I need the calculator...17 years. Yep, we've been friends for 17 years. Wow, long time! So, you can understand a bit why her being gone a whole year is kinda ground breaking for me. Here are some photos of Ciara & I through the years:

Ciara & I in one of our first photos together.


Halloween:


When we turned 17. Austin took us to Build-a-Bear.


One of my favorite pictures. When we were about 18-19. Sorry, it is a bit small, it was taken from a cell phone.


When we turned 20 we went to Disneyland


Ciara and I the night before she left on her mission!



Anyway, I cannot believe she gets back in 6 months! Yay! She is doing a fabulous job in England. She's always been a great missionary and a wonderful example. Don't we all love wonderful friends? They are joyous.

No comments:

Post a Comment