To some of you, I sound like a broken record. But I will tell you again. I was a nonbeliever about a month ago. I was told for so long that if I watched it I would love it. Sad to say, I mocked the series. I am not a huge fan of the anime-ish shows. I would never watch it. Then, two things happened...
1. I saw the movie trailer. Wow. It looked so cool! It seemed like a movie I'd like to see. If they could create a movie like that out of a cartoon then it must be worth watching.
2. I met the director, Giancarlo Volpe, at Disneyland! I stood there with a bunch of Airbender friends and the director and his wife for about 20 minutes. They all talked of the awesome-ness of the show. I knew then and there that the time for watching Avatar: The Last Airbender had come.
A good friend, Monica, has let me borrow the series. I began to be a little skeptical again at the beginning of the series, but I soon adjusted to watching a cartoon and admitting that I was a fan of it. I have not finished the season (thanks summer school), but I am determined to finish it soon.

Avatar: The Last Airbender has taken our home by storm. I cannot wait to see it. My last class ends on Friday morning at 9am. Perhaps I will celebrate with a trip to the movie theater.

No comments:
Post a Comment